SUWS Team Approach
At SUWS, we believe that the most successful treatment is accomplished through having a strong and collaborative group of professionals working together on a unified treatment plan that is individualized for every child. Group sizes are small by design (staff to student ratio is 1:4) so that highly individualized attention can be given to each student to guide them through this process of empowerment and change. Therapists and Field Instructors work in tandem to develop and implement treatment plans to ensure success for students, groups and families.
The comprehensive SUWS treatment team is comprised of the following professionals:
- Primary Therapist
- Clinical Director
- Wilderness Field Instructors
- Recreation Therapist
- Equine Specialist
- Consulting Psychologist
- Consulting Physician
Our therapists are responsible for performing therapeutic evaluations and counseling for the student group. They will work closely with each individual student to aid in the development of his or her potential to overcome problems such as poor attitudes and behaviors that negatively impact their self-perceptions. After pinpointing the self-limiting beliefs in each student, therapists will work with parents, other counselors and schools to help develop a custom treatment plan for the students.
During their stay, two field instructors will live and work with the students, and prior to doing so, will undergo training in outdoor skills, first aid, health & hygiene, therapeutic processes, clinical aspects and behavior management.
Every member of the SUWS staff follows the six core values of CRC Health Group, including:
- Clinical Excellence – We tirelessly pursue the best possible clinical outcomes for our customers.
- Integrity – We accept only the highest standards with respect to honesty, ethics and morality.
- Open Communication – We promote an environment in which the sharing of knowledge, ideas and opinions is expected of everyone.
- Teamwork – We value the power of teamwork in every facet of our company.
- Mutual Respect – We foster a culture in which individual skills, experience and talent are valued and used to our customers’ advantage.
- Passion – We naturally demonstrate a passion in all that we do for our customers and employees.