The SUWS Philosophy
At SUWS, we know that many struggling students are inherently good and have the ability to be successful, but because of unhealthy misconceptions about themselves, they have limited access to their abilities and strengths. We believe that our combination of wilderness environment and experiential learning activities create the ideal therapeutic milieu in which to help students recognize and build upon their sense of self-worth as they learn the value of helping others. Our treatment professionals excel at addressing the underlying causes of negative, unhealthy behaviors and working through impasses brought about by internal struggles, rather than confronting outward behaviors only.
At SUWS we believe that successful treatment is best accomplished through small groups and individual attention. Treatment plans and duration are highly individualized and are determined by each student’s ability to meet goals and objectives. We are committed to encouraging effective family involvement to ensure that each child continues to learn and grow long after his or her SUWS experience.
In addition to our personal philosophy, we embrace the six core values from our partnership with CRC Health Group, which include:
• Clinical Excellence – We tirelessly pursue the best possible clinical outcomes for our customers
• Integrity – We accept only the highest standards with respect to honesty, ethics and morality
• Open Communication – We promote an environment in which the sharing of knowledge, ideas and opinion is expected of everyone
• Teamwork – We value the power of teamwork in every facet of our company
• Mutual Respect – We foster a culture in which individual skills, experience and talent are valued and used to our customers’ advantage
• Passion – We naturally demonstrate a passion in all that we do for our customers and employees